A healthier you
The following 10 Golden Rules are a great starting point to a healthier you. Remember to always listen to your body and if in any doubt, contact us for advice.
10 Simple steps to a healthier body
- Listen to your body – Pain is a warning sign – do not ignore it. If what you are doing hurts then stop.
- Exercise – Regular exercise is important to maintain strength and mobility. It should be done regularly and without pain.
- Warm up – You should warm your body up before any physical activity including gardening or DIY.
- Cool down – It is equally important to to cool down after physical activity.
- Lifting – When you pick up anything, no matter how heavy, get it as close to your body as you can and keep your back as straight as you can.
- Keep on moving – Prolonged sitting causes load on the discs and weakness of the muscles. Be sure to get up and move every now and then even if only for a minute. The body is not designed to slouch.
- Choose what suits you – Furniture, pillows, beds and cars are quite personal, so take time to choose what suits you. Feel free to contact us to discuss what is best for you.
- Sleep properly – Sleeping on your side in the ‘fetal’ position is usually the least stressful on your back. Sleeping on your front puts most stress on your back and neck. It is also important to choose the correct pillow to support the neck.
- Consult your Chiropractor – If you have a long term or niggling problem, then we can probably help. Please contact us for free confidential advice.
- Medication – Drugs should be used wisely as all have side effects. Always consult with a pharmacist or doctor.
Remember to always listen to your body and if in any doubt, contact us for advice.